Complaints Procedure

We do not provide services to the general public, but we recognise that members of the public may be affected by our actions. If we fall short of the standards you expect, we hope that you will tell us so that we can try to put things right and to do better in the future.


  1. Complaints process
  2. Where to send your complaint

We expect our staff to treat members of the public with dignity and respect, and we expect our staff to be afforded the same courtesy. Our staff will terminate any telephone call where the caller shouts or becomes abusive or uses offensive language, and we will not respond to any correspondence which uses such language.

This procedure covers complaints about:

It does not cover:


Complaints process

In order to help us respond in a timely manner, correspondence should be sent via email where possible.

Stage 1

Wherever possible, please raise your complaint on the spot with the person who has dealt with you.

Stage 2

If this is not possible or if you remain dissatisfied, please email the Complaints Officer address given at the bottom of this page. It will help us deal with your complaint if you give as much background information as possible.

A Complaints Officer will acknowledge receipt of the complaint and ensure that your complaint is dealt with by an appropriate person within the Law Officers of the Crown.

Wherever possible, we will investigate and aim to send you a full reply to any correspondence sent via email within 20 working days of receipt of your complaint. If this is not possible, we will explain why.

Stage 3

If you are dissatisfied with this response, you can write to the Director of Legal Services who will review your complaint and its handling and will write to you with the findings as soon as possible.


Where to send your complaint

If you wish to make a complaint about the service you have received from the Law Officers of the Crown, please email: with 'Complaint' included in the subject of your message, or write to -

Complaints Officer

Law Officers of the Crown

St James Chambers

St Peter Port




If you are not content with the way in which your complaint was handled, please email: with 'FAO Director of Legal Services (Complaint)' as the subject of your message, or write to -

Director of Legal Services

Law Officers of the Crown

St James Chambers

St Peter Port